Ft Mitchell, KY
Full time, Part time
At Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK) we're committed to providing top-notch customer service to our passengers. We appreciate their business and are constantly striving to improve communication with riders. Raises start at 6 months with a 3 year progression.
We are now hiring Bus Drivers.
In this position you will provide safe, efficient, and on-time delivery of passengers by means of public transportation, under the direction of the Manager of Dispatch.
• CDL with passenger endorsement.
• Must be able to meet and pass DOT medical requirements needed to maintain CDL.
• Drive one of several different coach styles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner along a designated route within a defined time schedule.
• Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, or passenger incidents.
• Notify dispatch of passenger’s medical or behavior problems and/or mechanical or electrical problems with the coach.
• Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
• Stay abreast of route and schedule changes as well as detours.
• Administer TANK’s fare policy and see that fares are deposited into the fare box and distributes transfers through the fare box.
• Dispense information to customers on routes, schedules, and other services.
• Advise customers of rules and regulations when necessary.
• Complete and submit written reports concerning passenger incidents along with preventable and non-preventable accidents.
• Operate on-board computers for fare box, destination signs, electronic annunciation of stops (when available) and for communications with dispatch.
• Call out major bus stops and transfer points when the electronic annunciator system is not available.
• Assist in the boarding/alighting of passengers in wheelchairs and properly secure the wheelchair.
• Must be able to walk up and down at least 3 steps on the bus multiple times during a shift.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to get up and move around and about the bus.
• Must be able to stoop or bend to secure wheelchairs.
• Must be able to push and pull passengers in wheelchairs.
• Must be able to reach up and out to program fare box and change destination sign.
• Must be able to read and comprehend written material.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.