Bus Maintenance Worker
Ft Mitchell, KY
Paid vacation, Vision Insurance, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
$16.01 – $21.34
At Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK) we're committed to providing top-notch customer service to our passengers. We appreciate their business and are constantly striving to improve communication with riders.
We are now hiring Full Time Bus Maintenance Workers.
In this position you will perform duties related to cleaning, servicing, and parking buses and other vehicles, under the direction of the Director of Maintenance or his/her designate.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Maintenance and automobile experience is beneficial.
• Class B CDL
• Clean inside and outside of supervisor vans, trucks, transit and RAMP buses and service all vehicles as needed-including fueling and checking all fluids.
• Maneuver buses around TANK property, holding ones needed for shop work, pit work, or servicing.
• Visually check buses as they come in for damage, noise, and leaks, and reporting to shop supervisor.
• Inspect defect cards, referring defects to mechanic on duty.
• Go on road calls, when necessary, due to mechanical problems with buses in service.
• Accurately complete all applicable maintenance records, reports, and documents.
• Assist mechanic on duty to perform janitorial or facility maintenance duties or repairs on buses.
• Be alert for vandalism, fires, storm damage, equipment failure, or unauthorized visitors on TANK property.
• Be familiar with company security and procedures practiced on property, especially on weekends when only one person may be present at times, due to road calls or other emergencies.
• Maintain a clean, uncluttered, and safe work area.
• Conduct all work in a safe and efficient manner, preventing injuries to yourself and others.
• Observe and report any potential safety hazards to a supervisor.
• Exercise initiative and independent judgement.
• Demonstrate strong problem solving logic.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operational, instructional and procedural documents.
• Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports.
• Ability to perform basic math.
• Stand and walk for long periods of time on concrete surfaces.
• Climb stairs and inclines repeatedly.
• Bend, stoop, pull, or push on a regular basis.
• Lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
• Correctible ability to see and hear in a normal range.
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
• Reach and extend hands and arms in all directions.
• Exposure to the outdoor climates and weather.
• Tuesday-Saturday, 5:30pm-1:30am.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.