Sorry, this job has expired.
At Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK) we're committed to providing top-notch customer service to our passengers. We appreciate their business and are constantly striving to improve communication with riders.
We are now hiring a Fleet Service Diesel Mechanic.
Under the direction of the Director of Maintenance or your designate you will performs duties related to troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing all of the mechanical, electrical, climate control, and pneumatic systems of every vehicle in TANK’s fleet.
• Diagnoses, examines, and investigates vehicles to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components.
• Inspects, adjusts, and replaces necessary units and related parts in the performance of repair and maintenance work.
• Investigates electrical problems; builds and repairs all electrical parts; installs relays, batteries, lights, alternators and other parts on all vehicles.
• Repairs and/or rebuilds air conditioners, A/C pumps, fan motors, A/C clutches and
heating units on all vehicles.
• Tests all parts that have been repaired, rebuilt or installed.
• Repairs and installs destination signs and wheelchair lifts.
• Operates vehicles in order to diagnose component failure, make roadside repairs, or
move disabled buses.
• Operates heavy machinery, hydraulic lifts, hoists and jacks.
• Goes on road calls, when necessary, due to mechanical problems with buses in service.
• Accurately completes all applicable maintenance records, reports and documents.
• Assists mechanic on duty to perform repairs on buses, janitorial or facility maintenance
• Be alert for vandalism, fires, storm damage, equipment failure or unauthorized visitor on TANK property.
• Maintains a clean, uncluttered and safe work area.
• Conducts all work in a safe and efficient manner preventing injuries to himself/herself and all other individuals. Observes and reports any potential safety hazards to a supervisor.
• Able to stand and walk for long periods of time on concrete surfaces.
• Able to climb stairs and inclines repeatedly.
• Able to bend, stoop, pull, or push on a regular basis.
• Able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
• Correctible ability to see and hear in a normal range.
• Able to reach and extend hands and arms in all directions.
• Able to withstand exposure to outdoor climates and weather.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operational, instructional and procedural documents, repair manuals and parts books.
• Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports.
• Ability to perform basic math.
• Ability to work cooperatively and be a team player.
• Must have finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
• Must have strong problem-solving logic.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.