Transit Authority Bus Drivers
Ft Mitchell, KY
At Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK) we're committed to providing top-notch customer service to our passengers. We appreciate their business and are constantly striving to improve communication with riders.
We are now hiring Bus Drivers.
In this position you will provide safe, efficient, and on-time delivery of passengers by means of public transportation, under the direction of the Manager of Dispatch.
• CDL with passenger endorsement.
• Must be able to meet and pass DOT medical requirements needed to maintain CDL.
• Drive one of several different coach styles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner along a designated route within a defined time schedule.
• Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, or passenger incidents.
• Notify dispatch of passenger’s medical or behavior problems and/or mechanical or electrical problems with the coach.
• Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
• Stay abreast of route and schedule changes as well as detours.
• Administer TANK’s fare policy and see that fares are deposited into the fare box and distributes transfers through the fare box.
• Dispense information to customers on routes, schedules, and other services.
• Advise customers of rules and regulations when necessary.
• Complete and submit written reports concerning passenger incidents along with preventable and non-preventable accidents.
• Operate on-board computers for fare box, destination signs, electronic annunciation of stops (when available) and for communications with dispatch.
• Call out major bus stops and transfer points when the electronic annunciator system is not available.
• Assist in the boarding/alighting of passengers in wheelchairs and properly secure the wheelchair.
• Must be able to walk up and down at least 3 steps on the bus multiple times during a shift.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to get up and move around and about the bus.
• Must be able to stoop or bend to secure wheelchairs.
• Must be able to push and pull passengers in wheelchairs.
• Must be able to reach up and out to program fare box and change destination sign.
• Must be able to read and comprehend written material.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.