Bus Maintenance Worker
Sorry, this job has expired.
Ft Mitchell, KY
At Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK) we're committed to providing top-notch customer service to our passengers. We appreciate their business and are constantly striving to improve communication with riders.
We are now hiring a Bus Maintenance Worker.
In this position you will perform duties related to cleaning, servicing, and parking buses and other vehicles, under the direction of the Director of Maintenance or his/her designate.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Maintenance and automobile experience is beneficial.
• Class B CDL
• Clean inside and outside of supervisor vans, trucks, transit and RAMP buses and service all vehicles as needed-including fueling and checking all fluids.
• Maneuver buses around TANK property, holding ones needed for shop work, pit work, or servicing.
• Visually check buses as they come in for damage, noise, and leaks, and reporting to shop supervisor.
• Inspect defect cards, referring defects to mechanic on duty.
• Go on road calls, when necessary, due to mechanical problems with buses in service.
• Accurately complete all applicable maintenance records, reports, and documents.
• Assist mechanic on duty to perform janitorial or facility maintenance duties or repairs on buses.
• Be alert for vandalism, fires, storm damage, equipment failure, or unauthorized visitors on TANK property.
• Be familiar with company security and procedures practiced on property, especially on weekends when only one person may be present at times, due to road calls or other emergencies.
• Maintain a clean, uncluttered, and safe work area.
• Conduct all work in a safe and efficient manner, preventing injuries to yourself and others.
• Observe and report any potential safety hazards to a supervisor.
• Exercise initiative and independent judgement.
• Demonstrate strong problem solving logic.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operational, instructional and procedural documents.
• Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports.
• Ability to perform basic math.
• Stand and walk for long periods of time on concrete surfaces.
• Climb stairs and inclines repeatedly.
• Bend, stoop, pull, or push on a regular basis.
• Lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
• Correctible ability to see and hear in a normal range.
• Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
• Reach and extend hands and arms in all directions.
• Exposure to the outdoor climates and weather.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.